Fees for Clinical Psychotherapy
$275 – 50 Minute Session for cases that involve divorce/Parent Coordinator
$450 – 110 Minute Extended Duration Sessions
Do You Take My Insurance?
I understand that the vast majority of people seeking therapy are hoping to use their insurance to cover the cost. For many clinicians this is a great way to build their practice, see more people and offer services to patients that may not be able to see a provider otherwise. At this time, I do not take or direct bill insurance companies.
I may not take insurance plans directly, but you have options if you want to see me:
- We accept cash and checks for all services
- We are able to take Credit Cards, Flexible Spending Account cards and Health Savings Account cards. For any card payment a 5% fee will be added to cover the credit card fee. If you choose to use your FSA or HSA, you will receive your statements on a monthly basis. Be sure to keep this documentation on hand as you may be asked to provide it to your FSA/ HSA.
- Being an out-of-network provider for all insurance plans means I do not file with your insurance directly. We will provide you with a monthly invoice called a superbill, which you can submit to your insurance for potential out-of-network reimbursement. Just be aware that:
- Sometimes couples therapy is not eligible for reimbursement
- HMO plans do not provide out-of-network coverage
- And if you have a high deductible, your deductible will need to be met before you are eligible to receive reimbursement.
If you want to try to use some of your insurance benefits for my services, the best thing you can do is call your health insurance company and ask about reimbursement for “outpatient mental health services with out-of-network clinicians”.
Payment & Cancellation Policies
Payment is due either at the time of service by card or in the mail by check when you receive your monthly invoice. I ask that active patients keep a credit card on file for incidentals, this includes late cancellation and no-show fees. If other payment arrangements are not made, your service bill/ invoice will be automatically charged to your card on file with a 5% fee to cover credit card and bank fees added.
If you are unable to make a session, please notify me at least 24 hours in advance so that I may offer another client the opportunity to use that time. If you are unable to make your scheduled time and have not provided me with 24-hours’ notice you will be charged the full amount for your session. Your card on file will be charged for the amount owed the following day.
NOTE: If you have COVID-19 symptoms like cough or difficulty breathing, please call your primary care provider for guidance. For the health of our community do not walk into the NBx office without calling first.
You can find my full scheduling, fees and appointments policy in my Professional Disclosure Statement (PDS), available in my intake forms or via email upon request.
Head to the contact page to schedule your intake session or contact me with any questions.